Dell Diagnostics

Harald_Jensas at Dell.com Harald_Jensas at Dell.com
Wed Feb 15 01:51:32 CST 2006

EI5061A0.ZIP can be found of support.dell.com for PowerEdge 1850. Diagnostics Boot CD.

Custom Instructions for EI5061A0.ZIP

NOTE: In order to use this file, you need a CD-R or CD-RW and appropriate software to create a CD from the downloaded image.

Download

1. Select the download method you want to use to retrieve the file - either HTTP or FTP.
2. If the Export Compliance Disclaimer window appears, read the agreement and then select either "I agree" or "I disagree".
3. When the File Download window appears, click Save.
4. From the Save As dialog, select a location and a file name then click "Save".
5. If a Download Complete window appears, click Close.

Installation

1. Unzip the .ISO file from the downloaded .ZIP file and save to your hard drive.
2. Follow your CD writing software vendor's instructions to create a CD from the saved .ISO file.

Running the Diagnostics from a CD

1. Insert the CD into your CD-ROM, CD-RW, or DVD drive.
2. Boot to the CD.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Now are you actually talking about a live CD with Open Manage Server Administrator, Diagnostics Service? And Storage Management Service? Or a Live CD with Dell PowerEdge Diagnostics?

Or is it the 32-Bit Diagnostics boot floppies you are trying to convert? In that case, Dell already did it in the EI5061A0.ZIP file you can download.

//
Harald Jensås