Nagios Perl/VB scripts for monitoring Dell servers

George Hansper george-lists at anstat.com.au
Sun Feb 5 16:22:01 CST 2006

Hi All,

I've uploaded a number of scripts to Nagios Exchange which may be
of interest to Dell users.

These are Nagios "check plugins' for use with Nagios (www.nagios.org)
They are designed to be used to nrpe or NRPE_NT, and do not use SNMP.

For Linux, I have added the following Perl scripts:
(Category: Hardware, Dell Server)

  http://www.nagiosexchange.org/DELL_Server.61.0.html

    check_dell_sensors - for monitoring chassis sensors (fans, power
supplies, temp sensors etc)
                         for use with omreport, for status of
                         fans, power supplies, temp sensors etc

    check_omreport     - for monitoring RAID Arrays
                         for use with omreport (Open Manage 4.x)

    check_dell_aacraid - for monitoring RAID Arrays
                         for use with afacli   (Open Manage 3.x)

For Windows I have added the following Visual Basic scripts:
(Category: Windows, NRPE_NT)

http://www.nagiosexchange.org/NRPE_Plugins.66.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1[p_view]=451&tx_netnagext_pi1[page]=20%3A10
**    check_dell_sensors  - for monitoring chassis sensors (fans, power
supplies, temp sensors etc)
                          For use with omreport.exe and NRPE_NT

http://www.nagiosexchange.org/NRPE_Plugins.66.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1[p_view]=450&tx_netnagext_pi1[page]=20%3A10
    check_dell_omreport - for monitoring RAID Arrays
                          For use with omreport.exe (Open Manage 4.x)
and NRPE_NT

http://www.nagiosexchange.org/NRPE_Plugins.66.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1[p_view]=452&tx_netnagext_pi1[page]=20%3A10
    check_dell_aacraid  - for monitoring RAID Arrays
                          for use with afacli.exe   (Open Manage 3.x)
and NRPE_NT

http://www.nagiosexchange.org/NRPE_Plugins.66.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1[p_view]=453&tx_netnagext_pi1[page]=20%3A10
    check_dell_amcli    - for monitoring RAID Arrays
                          for use with amcli.exe    (Array Manager)
and NRPE_NT

Regards,
    George Hansper