BIOS / firmware update CD?

PMilanese at nypl.org PMilanese at nypl.org
Thu Dec 14 07:43:38 CST 2006

I use, well used ITA and the update repository. ITA had a facility to do
the updates remotely through assessing the versioning that the hardware
reported. It worked fine on linux and windows. Most updates were
transparent, although the obvious ones needed reboots (which could be
scheduled).

We will likely move our infrastructure away from Dell, to HP for other
reasons, but it looked like they were getting it together for a while
there.

             William Warren
             <hescominsoon at emm
             anuelcomputercons                                          To
             ulting.com>               linux-poweredge at lists.us.dell.com
             linux-poweredge-b
             ounces at dell.com                                       Subject
                                       Re: BIOS / firmware update CD?

             12/14/2006 07:51
             AM

yes but it's not bootable.  Having to install an OS to update your
firmware seems backwards considering you can make a bootable dos cd for
firmware updates on desktop systems.

Suman_Kumar at dell.com wrote:
> Hi Tony,
> You can use the /Dell PowerEdge Server Update Utility/ CD to update your
> firmware. See
> http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/software/smsuu/1.4/index.htm for
> more information.
> Suman

My "Foundation" verse:
Isa 54:17  No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and
every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt
condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their
righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

-- carpe ductum -- "Grab the tape"
CDTT (Certified Duct Tape Technician)

Linux user #322099