debian on poweredge 2950

Steven Wayne steven.wayne at power.net.uk
Wed Dec 13 11:00:38 CST 2006

On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 07:48:39AM -0600, Anderson, Steven wrote:

> I have a Dell Poweredge 2950 with a PERC 5 configured as a 300GB RAID
> 5,
> dual broadcom gigabit network adapters
> 4GB RAM
> DVD/CD-rom
> no floppy

Me too!

Small world.

> I am not able to load the debian-31-r4 release due to it can not see
> the network cards

Unless you're really, really fixed on Debian I can recommend Ubuntu as
the 6.10 and64 version worked with no problems.

Of course I first tried Debian stable, Debian testing and Ubuntu 6.06 LTS
all in i386 and amd64 versions.

Why is it always the last thing you try that works.

> If I tell the load that I do not have a NIC and it continues it does
> not see the disk.

Yeah, I got that.

Steven.
--
Don't you feel more like you do now than you did when you came in?