perc2/dc and CentOS/RHEL4

Adam Williams awilliam at mdah.state.ms.us
Sat Dec 9 20:14:27 CST 2006

Out of curiosity, is there anything wrong with the PERC2/DC other then
not being Dell/LSI supported?  I have a PE2400 (no longer in service)
but it runs fine with drives on the 2/DC.  I don't understand why CentOS
won't install on it because its unsupported.  I mean, there is plenty of
ancient hardware with kernel drivers/kernel developer support even
though a manufacturer may no longer manufacture/support that hardware.