OpenBSD is no longer supporting dell servers with adaptec raid arrays

John N. Brahy jbrahy at
Fri Sep 2 10:03:26 CDT 2005 - 12.7.7 - What happened to
the Adaptec RAID support (aac)?

Adaptec has refused to provide useful and accurate documentation about
their FSA-based (aac(4)
<> ) RAID
controllers. As these RAID controllers seem to be very buggy, this
documentation is critical for a useful driver. Since this driver was so
unreliable, it was removed from the GENERIC kernel.

I can't believe this... I'm going to have to go to a new hardware
platform because of this.

Does anyone have any contacts at Adaptec?