DRAC 3.20 password reset - Solution

Carl Morgan (DCG RMB) rmb_list at dcgdatapoint.com
Mon May 30 07:44:15 CDT 2005

Hi,

For those that follow, I have a working solution.

This works for me with SUSE Enterprise 9 w/ PE 2650's and DRAC 3 w/ 3.20
firmware - you may need to modify :-).  The basis is to use the racadm from
the DRAC version 4 solution, this is backwardly compatibly with the DRAC 3
network access.

Crib sheet:

Get the ftp://ftp.dell.com/sysman/om420_lnx_managed%20system_A00.tar.gz
Extract the tar, and then extract (forcibly) the RPMs
 	rpm  --badreloc --nodeps --relocate=/=`pwd` -i <XXX.rpm>

Install the openssl dev package if not already installed for the SSL
libraries
	yast -i openssl-devel

Copy the racadm command to a site based home
	cp dell/omsw/rac4/linux/usr/sbin/racadm /usr/local/sbin/
	cp dell/omsw/rac4/linux/usr/share/man/man8/racadm.8.gz /usr/local/man/man8/

Run as root (now needed - no idea why)
	/usr/local/sbin/racadm -r <ip address> -u root -p calvin config -g
cfgUserAdmin -o cfgUserAdminPassword -i 1 <new password>
	/usr/local/sbin/racadm -r <ip address> -u root -p <password> racreset

Then you can go on to configure the telnet access / com 2 / /etc/inittab to
get the remote console access sorted.

Hope that helps,

Carl