X Desktop Shifted Right and Down
Paul_Maia at Dell.com
Tue Jun 14 14:01:31 CDT 2005
Hmm... So it's been another week. has anyone else seen this?
Or... is it as I feared... just me :-(
From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Maia, Paul
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2005 2:59 PM
Cc: pmaia at fn-Software.Com
Subject: X Desktop Shifted Right and Down
Hi All, hope this is not too far off-topic...
I recently did an up2date (FC3 on a Dell PE 2850) and pulled down
several changes (all updates from the last 2 weeks). System has an
ATI Radeon card in it. It is a backup server and not critical.
After the up2date, I restarted X and now the desktop is shifted about
40% right and 40% down. Just the desktop... the blue back-ground picture
and icons, are locked into the lower right. The task bar is fine, all
way across the bottom. I have 4 desktops and all exhibit the same issue.
I cannot drag an icon to the black area of the screen, nor can I access
any thing that is off the right/bottom of my (original) desktop (they
I have tried:
* ran several applications. It's startup position does not seem to be
to the same area as are my icons. The dialog can be placed anywhere
the visible (monitor) display and functions normally.
* tried Gnome and KDE, but the issue is the same.
* rebooted the box, no change.
* change resolution to as low as 640x480, and as high as 129-x1024, no
* change refresh rate (60-75), no change.
* looked at the diffs for xorg.conf, nothing unusual. Put backup
place, no change
* looked on Google and www.x.org <file://www.x.org> , wiki.x.org. Saw a
couple of issues that seemed
like this, but no solution.
I figure that there is some setting that I can use to adjust this, but
to locate it.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Linux-PowerEdge