centos vs fedora core performance on 1850

Ben Weir bweir at friendfinderinc.com
Fri Jul 29 15:50:46 CDT 2005

Here is a graphical representation of what i'm talking about.

This is a 2 minute snapshot of both machines.  The green line is
percentage of cpu time spent on user processes.  The red line is user
process plus system processes.  Therefore the difference between the
green and red lines shows the percentage of cpu time spent on system
processes.

On fedora core, the gap between the two lines is very small compared to
centos.

Ben