megaraid PERC4 freeze under RH7.3

Jean-Marc GEOFFROY jmgeoffroy at eway.fr
Fri Jul 29 10:48:36 CDT 2005

Hi,

Every approximately 10 mn, my system freeze, to detect the pb I launch
many script and one show (sar -I) a big activity on megaraid irq when
the pb occur.
I saw on linux.dell.com that the recomended driver is the megaraid 1.18k
(actually my version is 1.18f).
I download the file but I found only megaraid.c and megaraid.o.
I made a diff, and I found a strange difference :
in the new version there is :

static inline int mega_busyWaitMbox (mega_host_config * megaCfg)
{
    mega_mailbox *mbox = (mega_mailbox *) megaCfg->mbox;
    long counter;

    for (counter = 0; counter < 10; counter++) {
        if (!mbox->busy) {
            return 0;
        }
        udelay (1);
    }
    return -1;      /* give up after 10 usecs */
}

and in 1.18f :

static int mega_busyWaitMbox (mega_host_config * megaCfg)
{
    mega_mailbox *mbox = (mega_mailbox *) megaCfg->mbox;
    long counter;

    for (counter = 0; counter < 10000; counter++) {
        if (!mbox->busy) {
            return 0;
        }
        udelay (100);
    }
    return -1;      /* give up after 1 second */
}

Questions : how to install the new version :

Could I replace the two file under :
/usr/src/linux-2.4.20-18.7/drivers/scsi/

And after, what is the best way to recompile kernel sources ?

Thanks.

--

Jean-Marc GEOFFROY
EWAY TELECOM
mailto:jmgeoffroy at eway.fr
300 B, rue Marcel Paul - ZAC des Grands Godets 94500 Champigny sur Marne
Std: +33 (0)1.55.09.14.90
Fax: +33 (0)1.55.09.14.99
http://www.eway.fr