Linux problems

Chris T. Purcell c_purcell at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 29 09:39:59 CDT 2005

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 09:46:22 -0400
"Puckett, Harvey" <hpuckett at doas.ga.gov> wrote:

> Hey Matt.  I installed WhiteBox Linux on my GX280 and can not get past a
> few problems.
>
> 1.	Kudzu does not respond during the boot/reboot process ... fails
> everytime
> 2.	my keyboard and mouse (USB devices) will not respond until I
> physically move them to another USB port (any port other than the one
> they are on), each time I boot/reboot
> 3.	my printer (Dell Laser, USB device) is never recognized
>

> My Service Tag is 12WS671, and CustNumb  16997580.
>

> Any help will be greatly ... blah blah blah
>

> Harvey J Puckett
>
> DOAS / IT (Database Support)
>
> 404-463-8530
Hmmm, a desktop with Whitebox on it. Interesting.
So, a GX280 is not a PowerEdge, you probably need foomatic to get that USB printer working, and if kudzu doesn't respond, you may want to try an OS made for a desktop.

Foomatic -> http://www.linuxprinting.org/foomatic.html
Fedora -> http://fedora.redhat.com/download/

Best of luck.
--
Chris

"A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible."
- Neo from 'The Matrix' (another satisfied Linux user)