No CONFIG_REGPARM for x86_64 kernel???

Nagy Gergely nagy.gergely at
Fri Jul 29 07:33:10 CDT 2005

Today we planned a kernel change on our Dell 1850. We used a plain kernel and after a 'make menuconfig' there is _NO_
CONFIG_REGPARM in .config, nor any menu entry for it. Also if we insert
manually the parameter, and load it in menuconfig, out entry will be

Any ideas?

So there is actually no possibility to compile the OMSA modules, if they
do depend on that "CONFIG_REGPARM"??? :(

I hope Dell will be supporting NATIVE x86_64 soon (not this mixture of
i386 and x86_64), if they sell x86_64 systems...

Gergely Nagy
nagy.gergely at
Webshark Ltd. -
Hungary-9700, Szombathely
Kossuth Lajos u. 23.
Tel: +36 94 511 891
Fax: +36 94 511 896
Mobil: +36 70 620 9833
Messenger: nagy.gergely at

This e-mail and any associated files are confidential and are  for the
use of the addressee(s) only. If you have received this communication
in error please note that any use of it is strictly prohibited. Please
notify the sender immediately, and then delete this e-mail from your
system. Whilst we believe that this e-mail and its attachments are free
from any virus, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that
they are virus free.  Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are
those of the author and not necessarily those of Webshark Ltd. unless
expressly stated to the contrary.