FC3 and Dell 2850

John_Hull@Dell.com John_Hull at Dell.com
Fri Jul 29 07:26:36 CDT 2005

I would suggest replacing "radeon" with "vesa" in the xorg.conf file and
see if this resolves the issue.

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of
Paul_Maia at dell.com
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2005 7:24 AM
To: stephen at totalflood.com; linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: RE: FC3 and Dell 2850

I have this same problem on my 2850. Someone told me to remove the
Matrox Video driver from the Kernel and the problem goes away, but I
never tried it. I really wanted to just update and have it work without
having to rebuild the kernel every time there is an update.
I am looking at other distros, as there are several problems with the
2850 and FC3/4, that have gone unaddressed. I guess not many are using
it on this class of server.

Paul