Dell D610 Docking Display Issue

Chris T. Purcell c_purcell at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 27 09:32:56 CDT 2005

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 01:38:55 -0700 (PDT)
Leo Larson <leolarson at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Has anyone resolved the display problem?
>

> I have a Dell D610 that I also use with a docking
> station.  When I run it on the station everything is
> fine.
>
> When I undock it, it messes up the display and I can't
> figure out how to correct it.
>
> I'm using RHEL4 and the laptop has 915 in it.  I had
> the same problem with RHEL3
>
> Any Ideas?

If the display changes (meaning the monitor, not what you see) between docked and undocked states, your XF86Config or xorg.conf probably has only one display set. You'll need to modify it to add a second, or rerun `X -configure` each time you dock/undock the unit so X probes your monitor and sets up a correct configuration.

--
Chris

"A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible."
- Neo from 'The Matrix' (another satisfied Linux user)