New larger disk after disk failure in raid.

Peter J Slot pjs at baelum.dk
Mon Jul 25 13:53:40 CDT 2005

Hi,

I had a failing disk and insertet a new -larger- disk (id 0) in my
poweredge 2500.
I have 2 containers and it seems that the new disk only is used for one
of the containers.

What should I do to get this running with the new disk?
I tried to say "conainer set failover 2 (0,0,0)" and checked for
automatic_failover
Any help with magic commands is appreciated :-)

/Peter

PS My system is in the following state:

AFA0> container list
Executing: container list
Num          Total  Oth Chunk          Scsi   Partition
Label Type   Size   Ctr Size   Usage   B:ID:L Offset:Size
----- ------ ------ --- ------ ------- ------ -------------
 0    RAID-5 4.00GB       32KB Open    0:00:0 64.0KB:2.00GB
 /dev/sda             boot/swap        0:01:0 64.0KB:2.00GB
                                       0:02:0 64.0KB:2.00GB

 2    RAID-5 29.8GB       32KB Open      --- Missing ---
 /dev/sdb             data             0:01:0 2.00GB:14.9GB
                                       0:02:0 2.00GB:14.9GB

AFA0> disk list
Executing: disk list

B:ID:L  Device Type     Blocks    Bytes/Block Usage            Shared Rate
------  --------------  --------- ----------- ---------------- ------ ----
0:00:0   Disk            71687372  512         Initialized      NO     160
0:01:0   Disk            35566478  512         Initialized      NO     160
0:02:0   Disk            35566478  512         Initialized      NO     160

AFA0> disk show space
Executing: disk show space

Scsi B:ID:L Usage      Size
  0:00:0     Container 64.0KB:2.00GB