PE2550 PERC 3/Di afacli raid5 problem

jason andrade jason at rtfmconsult.com
Sun Jul 24 22:29:11 CDT 2005

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005, E Y wrote:

> Would anyone give me the idea on how to make our system partition ok?
> Any step I can try to make it ok?  I need your help, please...

hi,

it looks like your controller is a little confused - i'm not sure why.

this is why i try to avoid multiple containers on the same set of
physical drives :-/  unfortunately leads to additional complexity
when something goes wrong.

>> I have tried the above rebuild with another HDs two time.  Since the
>> rebuild of data is quite long....What would be the best bet to
>> generate the new disk parity of system lun?  Please help...

are you trying to do the rebuild at the bios level only ? or have you
also tried to do this using afacli ?

you could try using the afacli utility to possibly partition up the
replacement disk (i don't have a machine handy to try this on at
the moment) before you start it rebuilding.

regards,

-jason