defaulting BIOS in PE 2x50

Davis_Phillips@Dell.com Davis_Phillips at Dell.com
Fri Jul 22 16:14:26 CDT 2005

Light up num-lock, caps-lock, scroll-lock alt-e clears the NVRAM. Alt-F
resets bios to defaults and Alt-b reboots the system.

Davis Phillips
NOS Analyst
800-945-3355 x7246490

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of
Steve_Boley at dell.com
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2005 4:05 PM
To: chrismcc at pricegrabber.com; linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: RE: defaulting BIOS in PE 2x50

While in the bios, lightup your num, scroll, and cap lock lights and do
Alt-F or Alt-D as I can't remember which does it.  The system should
beep at you to indicate it did a reset.  If you do Alt-E it forces a
rescan of the bios and will reassign irq's if you have disabled or
removed any pci components that were assigned one.
Steve