KVM's on PE servers...

Cris Rhea crhea at mayo.edu
Fri Jul 22 13:44:36 CDT 2005

What's the difference between the Dell 2161DS and the Avocent DSR2010??

Aren't these the same unit (Dell openly states that the 2161DS is a
Dell-branded Avocent unit)....

We have both of these in our datacenter and the CIPs aren't interchangeable
and cascading doesn't work correctly (jerky, unusable mouse).

This is especially critical when trying to connect a PE 1855 chassis
(which has an internal Dell-Avocent KVM).

What's the scoop? Can I do something to make these play nicely and be
interchangeable?

--- Cris

--
 Cristopher J. Rhea                     Mayo Foundation
 Research Computing Facility             Pavilion 2-25