will Debian Sarge install?

Nagy Gergely nagy.gergely at webshark.hu
Fri Jul 22 09:43:02 CDT 2005

We installed Sarge on a 1850 before the release came out, and it runs
fine. Install was the netinst CD with the default 2.6 at that date, and
after it we made a homebrew kernel. Now we will recompile according the
OMSA needed parameters.

The only problem for us is the NPTL bug with (but not in) MySql ...

Greg

2005-07-22, p keltezéssel 08.51-kor Matthew Lenz ezt írta:
> We've got 3 1850's and 4 2850's that were built just about a month ago.
> I just now got a chance to rack them up.  Anyway, I'm curious will Sarge
> install using the install cdrom?  I believe they all have PERC 4e/Si
> controllers in them.  Raid 1 on the 1850's and Raid 5 on the 2850's.
> >From what I've read its seems that it will install just fine but in
> order to enable all the various components I'll need to recompile with
> 2.6.12 or better.  Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Nagy Gergely
Sysadmin
nagy.gergely at webshark.hu

Webshark Kft. - www.webshark.hu