Debian on 6850

Paul Puschmann lnx at uzulabs.net
Tue Jul 19 02:18:03 CDT 2005

Gavin Hamill wrote:
> On Monday 18 July 2005 07:49, Paul Puschmann wrote:
>
>>The Megaraid-modules (from the kernel) are included statically in the
>>kernel. Do you want the kernel .config-file?
>
> Yes please. Could you also stick the .deb you used on the web somewhere?

Try
http://xfce.uzulabs.net/

In the folder 'dell' you can find the files.

CONFIG_NR_CPUS=32

I included the important into the kernel so I don't need an initrd.
For Compiling the kernel I used make-kpkg (from kernel-package) and set
the following environment settings (/etc/environment):

CONFIG_SMP=y
CONCURRENCY_LEVEL=4
DEBIAN_BUILDARCH=nocona

The Build was done in about 8min on a PE2850 with two Xeon 2,8GHz, 1GB
RAM and HT enabled.

The kernel is ready to use for Dell OMSA :-)

Feel free to test it. The files (on my page) will be deleted in some weeks).

Paul
--
Linux-User #271918 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org/