Debian on 6850 (RESOLVED)

Gavin Hamill gdh at
Mon Jul 18 10:54:41 CDT 2005

On Monday 18 July 2005 12:13, Gavin Hamill wrote:

OK just for reference I got this sorted.... after talking to the friendly bods
on #debian-amd64 I was pointed towards which installed fine..

The only caveat is to wget a 2.6.10 kernel since d-i will try to install a
2.6.8 one :)

wget those to /target/root, then 'chroot /target', then dpkg -i both .debs

(Debian decided to remove the tg3 driver in 2.6.11, hence the need for a
nonfree-modules package - remember to 'depmod -ae' after you reboot)