PE 2850 DRAC serial access using ssh

Tim_T_Murphy@Dell.com Tim_T_Murphy at Dell.com
Thu Jul 14 09:13:23 CDT 2005

It seems that CR ~ . is the SSH "disconnect" escape, and also the
default RAC console escape:

	racadm ... getconfig -g cfgSerial | grep cfgSerialConsoleQuitKey
	cfgSerialConsoleQuitKey=<CR>~.

you can change cfgSerialConsoleQuitKey to another sequence that doesn't
conflict with the SSH escapes:

	racadm ... config -g cfgSerial -o cfgSerialConsolQuitKey
\<CR\>~~

then your ssh login shouldn't quit when CR is ended with CR ~ ~
--tim

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of Florian Genauer
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2005 8:37 AM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Re: PE 2850 DRAC serial access using ssh

Hi Tim,

thank you very much - this helped! I propably used the wrong keywords
during my searches in the web - the link you provided looks very
useful...

So now it works I have on more question - when I have accessed the
serial console I did not know how to exit it. At the time I started the
serial connection there was a message to use CR ~ . to quit it. I used
this shortcut which also cutted my ssh session. But now I am no longer
able to reconnect using ssh.

How can I reconnect per ssh?

what would be the correct way to exit the serial connection and still
beeing logged into rac per ssh?

Many thanks in advance

Florian