net card not seen with Mandrake 10 on Poweredge sc 420

Rick Mach rmach at arlut.utexas.edu
Wed Jul 13 11:12:55 CDT 2005

You need the tg3 module.  If it is already installed but not being
loaded, you can try a 'modprobe tg3'.  If that doesn't work, you will
need to install and/or build the module for the particular kernel you
are using.  In getting this step done on a new Debian kernel I followed
the instructions at the end of Step 3a on this page:

 http://www.lazy8.nu/delld180/DebianLinuxOnDellLattitude810laptop.html

Rick