SC420 - IDE with DMA

Rick Mach rgmach at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 12 20:18:41 CDT 2005

I saw you posted the following message about slow disk performance:

http://lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge/2005-May/020617.html

I am running into the same problem (2 - 3 Mb/sec performance).  Have you
found a solution?  I did do some testing with bonnie after booting from
a Knoppix 3.9 boot CD and the performance was very good 50-60 Mb/sec.  I
thought it might be the kernel and have upgraded to 2.6.11 which is what
Knoppix 3.9 is running but it made no difference.  I am still
investigating to see if I can find why Knoppix is fast and my normal
install is not.

Rick