PE1800 S-ATA RAID CERC6 with RHEL 3 / 4 ???

James.Smart@Emulex.Com James.Smart at Emulex.Com
Tue Jul 12 09:35:09 CDT 2005

I really hated these patches.  The issue that was causing >90% of the
problems we encountered was that pci_alloc_consistent was overextending
when no_iommu was set by ignoring the dma masks of the adapter and
forcing the use of the dma map pool when it wasn't necessary. IMHO, fixing
this issue seems like a much better approach than having to make the
dma pool or swiotlb larger.

-- james s