RHEL 4 + PE 1850 + EMC AX100 PowerPath - pricing shock

jason andrade jason at rtfmconsult.com
Tue Jul 12 06:20:17 CDT 2005

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 JACOB_LIBERMAN at dell.com wrote:

> GFS >= 6.1 uses CLM, which I am not as familiar with at this time. The
> stable CVS released about 2 weeks ago and I havent had time to install
> it.

thanks jacob.

> I do not have any information about pricing/licenses.

anyone else willing to share information about pricing/licences ? i've
got a bit of a shock today as the initial quote appears to be for $8000
per server to install GFS on it.  and that's with academic discounting.

is it just me or does that make it prohibitive for using GFS for grid
compute clusters (which seem to be designed to be low cost components..)

regards,

-jason