requesting help for computational server setup (PE 4600)

Chris T. Purcell c_purcell at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 11 08:57:54 CDT 2005

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 11:16:41 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
"Ken Stahl" <kbs1939 at chilitech.net> wrote:

> Hello,
> I recently purchased a Dell computer Home Edition Version 2002 Service pack
> 2
> Asset tag.. C1YVQ51
> Express Service Code 262-404-413-65.
>
> Every time I start up my computer I get a pop up box that says....
>
> Windows XP Setup
>

>  Please go to the control panel to install and configure system components.
>

> I have opened the control panel  but I don't know what I am supposed to
> install and configure, can you please help me out with this??
> Thank you a DELL user.
> Ken
1) That system is a Dimension 3000, which is a desktop, not a server.
2) It appears to have been ordered with Windows XP, if you want to keep XP on the system and set it up, you will need to do as it says, go to the control panel, select 'add remove programs->windows components' to select components you wish to have installed.
3) This is not a PowerEdge server or a Linux question, so I would suggest calling support instead of emailing this mailing list for fastest assistance.

--
Chris

"A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible."
- Neo from 'The Matrix' (another satisfied Linux user)