SERVER ADMIN LINUX PROBLEM

graeme crawford graeme at obsidian.co.za
Mon Jul 11 05:32:35 CDT 2005

Hi Guys,

Managed to sort the problem I was having when certain host where coming
up as "Unclassified".

I tested this a number of times, it seems that it is better to configure
snmp with the three entries needed in the "/etc/snmp/snmpd.conf" from
the snmp configuration on the Documentation CD before installing OM on
the host.

When I install net-snmp then OM when configuring the snmpd.conf  after
the OM installation it comes up "Unclassified"

I was testing on  RHEL3-u4.

Thanks Diego and Steve for you assistance.

And thanks Diego for helping me with the Direct attached SAN install the
other day :)

Regards,

Graeme Crawford.