2650 resetting HBA SCSI id

Greg Cope, e-DBA Team greg.cope at e-dba.net
Mon Jul 11 05:31:30 CDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 11:29 +0200, Gunther Schlegel wrote:
> > Any any guides/info on doing shared SCSI with 2650?
>
> At first you need HBAs that support a cluster-mode to connect two nodes
> to a D1000. Second, the D1000 supports HVD-SCSI, while more or less all
> controllers on ther markes are LVD nowadays. That does not interoperate.

Thanks - I had not got that far.  The AHA-2944UW is HVD, but I have no
idea on the cluster bit.

Can you elaborate "cluster-mode" - do you mean changing the SCSI id from
the default of 7 on one of the nodes?

I would have thought that any proper SCSI HBA could connect to a bus
with 15 other HBA's and one disk, although you'd have to reset 14 of
thier ID's.

> In fact we retired all D1000.

These are now quite cheap!  Performance is not the main criteria.....

Greg