DRAC4 oddness and questions

Markus Törnqvist mjt at nysv.org
Fri Jul 8 08:19:12 CDT 2005

Hi!

Apart from the USB bugness I reported earlier (and no one replied to ;)
we're seeing weird behaviour on the DRAC side of things.

Does the DNS RAC Name and Domain play any important part in this?
At least it doesn't seem to affect the ability to connect; our
problem is when Linux boots.

Grub shows up fine and is interactive and all, but with
console=tty0 console=ttyS0,9600 in the boot line, one box
works (the one whose USB works) and the other just prints
out the letter à or nothing but garble.

The only difference between these's configuration is
cfgSerialTelnet7fIsBackspace has different values.

I doubt these boxes have different confs, as we noticed
DRAC works when Serial Port 1 is on RAC and Console
Redirection on Serial Port 1 (9600, vt100)

Is there a reason for me to enable CONFIG_SERIAL_8250_ACPI
although it isn't enabled on the working machine?

(Guess I'll have to try it in my boredom ;)

Thanks!

--
mjt