Short documentation: Dell OMSA 4.4 on Debian Sarge

Tomas Pospisek's Mailing Lists tpo2 at
Fri Jul 8 03:39:14 CDT 2005

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005, Buchan Milne wrote:

> Tomas Pospisek's Mailing Lists wrote:
>> Note that it's exactly what Debian's make-kpgk/module-assistant does
>> also. I remember when Dell was inquiring about implementing dkms on
>> linux-kernel I wrote the person from Dell in question and asked about
>> collaborating with Debian, since they allready had the necessary
>> infrastructure. The interest in making an effort to have a common
>> infrastructure instead of reinventing the whell from Dell's (or better
>> that Dell employe's) side was pretty very low at the time [1].
>> In order to bring dkms up to speed on Debian someone would need to patch
>> it. Is Dell ready to do that work or to accept those patches?
> They did for adding the "mkrpm" subcommand:

Yup. But AFAI can see Dell is supporting Red Hat Enterprise and that's
where mk*rpm* does fit in. If Dell is willing make its product
compatible with Linux in general (among which Debian etc.) is what I am

   Tomas Pospisek -  Linux & Open Source Solutions