Short documentation: Dell OMSA 4.4 on Debian Sarge

Thu Jul 7 10:54:16 CDT 2005

Thanks, also, Pauli, from someone who gave up in frustration on this task.

Jean-Christophe, I'd like to encourage you to post your SNMP and Cacti scripts and configurations when you've got a working system. This, too, is what I was ultimately after.

-Kevin Zembower

E. Kevin Zembower
Internet Systems Group manager
Johns Hopkins University
Bloomberg School of Public Health
Center for Communications Programs
111 Market Place, Suite 310
Baltimore, MD  21202

>>> Jean-Christophe Montigny <jcm at> 07/07/05 11:44AM >>>

Yeah! You definitely ROCK :) I love you (not too much, heh), snmp works
and I have access to everything i want. I just need to figure out how to
fetch everything from snmp and configure cacti to monitor the whole thing.

Thanks a lot, definitely a *LARGE* contribution to the community :)

Pauli Borodulin wrote:
> Heya!
> Last week I mentioned on the list that I'm working on a Debian Sarge
> package of OMSA 4.4. My work is finished for now. You can read the
> documentation and download the files from the web page I made. The
> address of the page is:
> Please, don't try it first on your highly important production servers.
> :-) If you don't have a spare server to use for trying it out, wait for
> comments about it from others on the list. I hope there will be some. I
> also really recommend reading the documentation before trying to install
> the package -- otherwise you wont get far.
Jean-Christophe Montigny
Responsable Commission Web, Association Planètes
Responsable serveurs, Association Planètes
Etudiant de deuxième année à Grenoble Ecole de Management
Majeure Conseil en Organisation des Systèmes d'Information

Linux-PowerEdge mailing list
Linux-PowerEdge at
Please read the FAQ at