Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 now available..

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Wed Jul 6 22:21:44 CDT 2005

On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 11:56:21PM +0200, Eberhard Moenkeberg wrote:
> Irritating, irritating.
> I have to do a "personal login" under the way, and then "select system",
> and after that, your guidance is wasted.
> Can't you provide a "true URL"?
> But most important: please lead us DIRECTLY to your files.

The Linux Engineering team doesn't control how support.dell.com works,
and support.dell.com doesn't offer a way to give you "just a URL" that
works for everyone worldwide.  We're just as stymed by that as you
are.

> And: what about support for SUSE SLES-9?
> Is SUSE - just like usual - "simply compatible"?
> Again just by SUSE's "versatility", just without any work of Dell?

We will soon be publishing a document that describes how to make
OpenManage 4.4 work on SuSE SLES9.  We'll announce it here when it's
available of course.

Thanks,
Matt

--