Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 now available..

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Tue Jul 5 19:45:27 CDT 2005

Any chance of getting announcements like this posted to something like,
oh, the
linux-announce list?  This list is pretty high volume and announcements
tend to
get buried for me.  Also announcements like PowerPath support for RHEL 4 is of
extreme interest to me (proper support of PP is the only thing holding me up
from doing heavy pre-production testing on some 2650's and 6650's).

linux-announce hasn't seen a post since January of 2004...

Kevin

Quoting Amit_Bhutani at dell.com:

> Dell is shipping the next generation Red Hat Enterprise Linux product
> (RHEL 4) across all currently shipping PowerEdge and SC servers. RHEL 4
> is the first release from Red Hat to support the 2.6 OS Kernel. It is
> available from Dell to support Intel Standard IA32 or EM64T technology.
> Tied to the launch of RHEL 4 is full Open Manage support via OpenManage
> 4.4 which adds several new enhancements including the much awaited full
> EM64T support.
>
> OpenManage 4.4 can be downloaded from the Dell support website from:
> support.dell.com | Product Support | Downloads & Drivers | Download
> Category: Systems Management, Operating System: Red Hat Enterprise Linux
> 4
>
> Online documentation for RHEL4 can be downloaded from the Dell support
> website from: support.dell.com | Product Support | Users Guides |
> Software | Operating System | Red Hat Enterprise Linux (Version 4)
> Operating System
>
> Amit Bhutani
> Dell Enterprise Linux Engineering
> Phone: 512.725.3345