DRAC III/XT & 2.6 Kernel

Brian Downey linuxpe-dell at thelinuxfix.com
Tue Jul 5 15:27:06 CDT 2005

Hi Folks,

Has there been any resolution to the keyboard redirection issue with
the 2.6 kernel series and DRAC III controllers?   The specific
problem I'm referencing is dialoged in this thread:

http://lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge/2005-April/
020296.html

In summary of the above, I lose all keyboard usage in Linux after to
boot loader.  I'm running Linux 2.6.11.

My remote PE box with a DRAC III in it is waiting for a "y" on fsck
after a reboot.  It would be wonderful if I could actually use the
DRAC!  At least I can see what it wants, at least :-/

Thanks for any info.

-Brian