trying to build the OMSA kernel modules

Tue Jul 5 14:17:42 CDT 2005

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 tman_dell at trejan.com wrote:

> [...]

I understand, that this could be the case, as Dell is delivering part of
the module in binary form:

 	# ls /opt/dell/srvadmin/hapi/drivers/x86/dks/dcdesm/
 	dcdesm.mak  objgcc296  objgcc32  objgcc34

- however what for would the DKS (Dell Kernel Build Scripts - I recon)
routines be then? It would mean that Dell is delivering a mechanism that
can build kernel modules for kernels that are not original RHE ones, but
that those modules won't work - which doesn't make sense to me?

*t