Pathetic RAID 5 NFS performance on Dell PE 2850 with PERC 4e/di

Paul Meiners pcmeiners at
Fri Jul 1 13:23:52 CDT 2005

Don't use Linux, but have  the DI at a client, is a damn fast raid in
windows 2003, blazing. With a 3 drive raid 5, Hd tach shows 124 Meg/sec
average. I inherited this client, not my idea of a god setup with the min.
number of drives, so a 5 disk raid would be faster.

Had miserable throughput until I turned off flow control on the network
interface card. Also updated all firmware , drivers, Intel chipset software,
turned of SMB signing.

Before flow control was off,  700 Meg wanted to take 12 hours to copy across
network, with it off, it copies in  55 seconds. Only did this last night,
wks are crappy Broadcom equipped, flow contol is set to auto.

Another possible, this is OEM Lsilogic, you might try drivers from the LSI

Don't know if this help you any

Paul Meiners