urgent rsh problem

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Sat Jul 2 04:26:45 CDT 2005

On Sat, 2 Jul 2005, Amol wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to setup rsh on fedora core 3...but there is some problem
> ........i cant see the rsh daemon in the services list....whereas i have
> already installed the rsh server........

If you've installed rsh-server, then it'll have installed it in a disabled
state by default, and you just need to edit /etc/xinetd.d/rsh to enable it,
then restart xinetd.  Do you *really* want to be running rsh though?  I'd have
thought that anyone clued up enough to know they need rsh would be able to set
it up...

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a rigged
  demo."                                              -- Andy Finkel