urgent rsh problem

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Sat Jul 2 04:26:45 CDT 2005

On Sat, 2 Jul 2005, Amol wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to setup rsh on fedora core 3...but there is some problem
> ........i cant see the rsh daemon in the services list....whereas i have
> already installed the rsh server........

If you've installed rsh-server, then it'll have installed it in a disabled
state by default, and you just need to edit /etc/xinetd.d/rsh to enable it,
then restart xinetd.  Do you *really* want to be running rsh though?  I'd have
thought that anyone clued up enough to know they need rsh would be able to set
it up...

jh

--
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a rigged
  demo."                                              -- Andy Finkel