IPMI over LAN on 1850

David Sparks daves at activestate.com
Mon Jan 3 21:06:00 CST 2005

Steve Landherr wrote:
> Here's the set of commands I use to configure my 1850s running RedHat9 +
> OpenIPMI v33 + IPMITool v1.6.0 for IPMI over LAN:
>
> ipmitool user set name 2 root
> ipmitool user set password 2 XXXXXXXX
> ipmitool user enable 2
> ipmitool lan set 1 ipsrc static
> ipmitool lan set 1 ipaddr XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
> ipmitool lan set 1 netmask XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
> ipmitool lan set 1 defgw ipaddr XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
> ipmitool lan set 1 access on
>
> I use a different IP address for IPMI over LAN than is used for the
> Linux Ethernet interface (eth0) which shares the same LAN port.

Thanks!  These instructions worked great.

I am now investigating the FreeIPMI and IPMIUtil packages.

http://www.gnu.org/software/freeipmi/index.html
http://ipmiutil.sourceforge.net/

There seems to be a lot of overlap -- does anyone have any experience or
preferences with what works best?

Finally, has anyone gotten SOL (serial over lan) working?

Cheers!

ds