System backup applications.

Normandin, Jerry JNormandin at welchs.com
Sat Oct 30 21:54:58 CDT 2004

Here's what I use for "Bare Metal Recovery"
EMC CX6000 SAN
Mondoarchive
Veritas

A Virtual machine was created on an esxserver that has SAN connectivity.
All Linux hosts have mondoarchive and a script I
wrote install.  The script runs and create Operating system recovery images
and stores them on our SAN through a vm I have called sandbox1.  After the
OS is restored , oracle is restored through
Veritas (I wasn't going to generate 500G of CDROMs).
Anyway I have successfully tested this in both test and in production. I
don't use this because it's cheap. I use this because it works extremely
well.