Caveats for Gentoo on PE2850?

David davidu at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 21:11:00 CDT 2004

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 17:22:23 +0200, Robert Gravsjö
<robert.gravsjo at tietoenator.com> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm receiving some PE2850 in a couple of weeks.

I wouldn't hold your breathe.

Our two 2850's have been delayed two weeks past their ship date now
despite being "expedited" by our "senior account exec."

Tomorrow morning I'm on the horn to HP to see how fast they can get
DL380 G4's shipped out (in a likely pathetic attempt to turn up the
heat...).

And on that note, anyone have any really good contacts who can make
things happen?  My rep (who is very nice) says there is a shortage of
rails and processors...seems wacky to me.

-david