Fedora Core 1 on 1850

Aaron Couts acouts at towerdata.com
Thu Oct 28 18:10:01 CDT 2004

What's your purpose for installing Fedora?  Since your installing it on PEs,
I'm assuming it's in a production environment.  You should check out White
Box and CentOS -- they are built from Redhat Enterprise Linux, and they are
much less 'bleeding edge' than Fedora.  Another advantage is that if you
have a few critical servers that you want to run RHEL on, these
source-rebuild distributions are very complimentary since the packages,
kernels, drivers, etc. are identical to Redhat.  We are in the process of
upgrading our boxes from RH7.3 to RHEL and WBEL, and we're very happy with
the setup.
-Aaron