Caveats for Gentoo on PE2850?

Matthew Marlowe matt at deploylinux.net
Thu Oct 28 11:29:00 CDT 2004

Robert,

The standard gentoo-dev-sources >= 2.6.8-r9 kernels have all the support needed.

The only real issue is getting gentoo installed, for which you will need to use
an experimental livecd (2004.3 pre-release).  We have installed several
here in 32 bit mode.  The 64 bit and SELinux enabled livecd's are farther behind.

Regards,
Matt