PE1850 Linux install problem

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at
Thu Oct 28 07:46:00 CDT 2004

On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 06:25:16AM -0400, Greg Dickie wrote:
> We always have the same problem, there really ought to be a way to force
> the order in the installer. But I guess that belongs on the anaconda
> list ;-)

There is.  Use "expert noprobe" at the boot prompt, and manually
select SCSI drivers from the list in the order you want them.
Or, if using a kickstart file (say, in your PXE initrd.img file) you
can pass expert noprobe options to the kernel, then list out device
lines in ks.cfg (see the RH installer docs).

Matt Domsch
Sr. Software Engineer, Lead Engineer
Dell Linux Solutions &
Linux on Dell mailing lists @