Expert way to flash the BIOS?

Chris Carpinello ccarpinello at lancope.com
Wed Oct 27 15:18:00 CDT 2004

Thanks for supplying some sanity in my day.

I had originally downloaded that file and tried to run it in an MS-DOS
shell, which doesn't work (wont run in MS-DOS mode).  So I had given up
on it, since I didn't have a Windows environment available (my desktop
is Linux).

In a simple and perfect world, Dell would supply "expert" flash BIOS
boot floppy image files Linux users could utilize via "dd if=boot.img
of=/dev/fd0".

- Chris