2650 locking up

Sean Dilda agrajag at dragaera.net
Wed Oct 27 13:52:00 CDT 2004

I have a PowerEdge 2650 that has started locking up on me.  When it
locks up there is nothing printed on the console.  The the LEDS for caps
lock/num lock/scroll lock still toggle when I hit the buttons, but it
doesn't respond to the keyboard in any other way.  The machine still
responds to pings, however all other net connections just hang.

The machine was running without problems on RHL9.  I upgraded to CentOS
3.3 (essentially RHEL3u3) on Oct 12.  The machine has locked like this
three times since then.  Its almost certainly related.  Has anyone else
seen anything like this, or have any ideas?

The machine has no Perc cards.  The main system disk is two internal 36G
drives with software raid doing raid1.  It also has a PV220s attached
through an Adaptect 39160.  The disks in the PV220s are in a raid5 also
done with software raid.  I'm using all the default kernel settings and
drivers.  It is also serving out NFS to 270 machines.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sean