System backup applications.

Magnus Ahl Magnus.Ahl at
Wed Oct 27 07:13:01 CDT 2004

> You could try Arkeia. Arkeia Light is free, but limited to backups to
> a single tape drive for two clients (and the server itself). If you
> need to test more functionality they'll provide a time limited test
> license.
> Arkeia has a quite active user community on a mailing list. It's a
> nice place to get some help should you need it.

I would definitly not recomend Arkeia. We have nothing but negative
experiences from this product. I shall spare you all details and only
conclude that we are currently migrating all our servers (30+ in mixed
environments Windows/RedHat with mixed hardware ~50% DELL PowerEdge) from
Arkeia to Bacula.

 Infogate AB             Magnus.Ahl at
 Storgatan 29                   tel: 035-171970
 Box 345                        fax: 035-171979
 301 08 Halmstad