Question about DRAC3 ERA/O cards

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Tue Oct 26 19:47:00 CDT 2004

On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 01:03:56AM +0200, sebastien.lelong at ratp.fr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to access a DRAC3/ERA-O card directly from Linux using a vanilla
> 2.6 kernel and pppd. I have seen that some people succeeded with the
> standard serial driver (serial.o) under 2.4 kernels but no one really
> explained how. I can see the card in "lspci" but i have no ttySx attached to
> the card when browsing the dmesg.

I wonder why the racser RPM in current OMSA 4.1.0 wouldn't "just
work" on 2.6.x kernels.  All it fundamentally does is call lspci then setserial.  It's
just a shell script, no more add-on serial driver for it.  There was
one report many moons ago that it didn't work, but no follow-up
investigation as to why, IIRC.

Just adding a "set -x" to the top of the script should yield
sufficient info to debug it...

Thanks,
Matt

--