System backup applications.

Christopher McCrory chrismcc at pricegrabber.com
Tue Oct 26 17:13:00 CDT 2004

Hello...

On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 09:45, Jack Carico wrote:
> We are moving more of our servers to the Linux platform and I am
> wondering what sort backup software is available for the linux platform.
> Ideally I am looking for something that provides more functionality than
> using dd to dump the drive to tape and I do not need all of the
> functionality of Norton Ghost. We run several models of poweredge servers:
>   1550
>   1650
>   1750
>   2550
> We also run Suse 8.0 Enterprise and RH Enterprise AS.
> Basically I'm trying to research option before buying a solution.
> Unfortuneately all of the tril versions of partition backup software are
> disabled to the point that it is impossible to determine if they will
> actually work on our hardware. Any information or ideas are welcome.

Amanda ; it is already on your linux distro.  And will work easily with
changers e.g. Dell PV-136T

http://www.amanda.org/docs/AMANDA-docs.html

This is the hardest concept for most people:
http://www.amanda.org/docs/topten.html#id2515544

It "just works",  I just take 30 seconds per day to read the report. :)