PowerEdge 350 OpenBSD

Aaron C aaron_couts at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 26 15:22:01 CDT 2004

Sean,
Mine had a single IDE 40GB drive installed; I wonder if my system is
slightly newer.  Is your system BIOS up to date?  I too think it would be
bizarre to have an incompatible IDE drive, but when I get problems like
this, I generally swap out as much stuff (e.g. drives, memory) to see if I
can find something that jogs the system into working.  You might also try a
PCI IDE controller instead of the on-board.  They're pretty cheap.  Although
then you have the issue of routing the massive IDE cables.
-Aaron